Saturday, October 20, 2007

Introduction


I know what you're thinking. But think again. This is not gay. Yes, the word blog sounds inherently dorky, and sure, many people spend hours in their parents' basements each day alternating between blogging and World of Warcraft. But I for one tried World of Warcraft, and I thought it was inferior gliven.

Rather, the purpose of this, tentatively titled The Daily Poup in honor of Steve Jacobs, is to express those thoughts that, in my belief, too often go unexpressed. I have no doubt, for example, that during one of his three poups of a day, KYDubbs blasting in the background, Steve probably comes up with theories worthy of the nobel prize. (Just imagine: "And for his research on 'Using your Pet Cat as a Paper Towel' ... Mr. Steven Harrison Yakobs). And our friend Nick Renner, though appearing mentally retarded when jerking his head and smacking his lips to drop the beat, can lay down free styles that would make 2pac jump out the grave. I'd be willing to bet Jake Kring thought of a cure for asthma while waiting for one of his famous brews to firment.

But here is the problem: these ideas get lost. They leave as quickly as they arrived, forever gone to a world that might have at least given them a fake laugh.

This blog is the solution. To write these ideas down so that they are preserved better than a case of Natty Light sitting outside a Chestnut Hill train station. We hope you participate: comment, post whatever you want, and such. And we hope that you enjoy.

- Tomas

0 comments:

Post a Comment